Hello there! This month has been hectic to say the least. Exams, upcoming mid terms, just so much on my mind at the moment. Mono is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment to be honest. I am gonna be gone for most of October as our school thinks that it is perfectly alright to have mid-terms immediately after 50 Mark tests which are going on. I am just fed up.
But I would to say that I was not disappointed with the books I read or the new music releases this month.
Nevertheless, I am tired and I may or may not be buried under textbooks at the moment. Anyways, lets see how my month went!
I read 10 (!!!) books which is the most I ever read in a month. I am kinda surprised I read so much but ok 😎✌
I read a lot of historical fiction this month for some reason.
- The Fountains Of Silence (★★★★★) – OH MY GOD THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING. The plot, the characters, everything was *chef’s kiss*. I will surely pick up more books from Ruta Sepetys.
- Odessa (★★★☆☆) – This one was okay. Not the best graphic novel I read but yea. The plot was pretty predictable and boring.
- Murder In Old Bombay (★★★★☆) – A fun detective story based in India. Enjoyed it very much.
- Under A Sky On Fire (★★★★☆) – Is it really me if I don’t read a World War 2 Historical Fiction book every single month? This one was great.
- The Lost Children (★★★★★) – Another World War 2 Historical Fiction book. This one really made me sob.
- Roa Seeks (★★★★☆) – This was a really cute middle grade story.
- May Day (★★★★☆) – I already talked about this wonderful vampire story in my last post so check it out in case you missed it!
- BTS Webtoon- Save Me (★★★★★)– I have no idea as to why I have been avoiding this one for some time. Maybe because I thought I might fall into the loophole of theories and questions. Welp, I was right.
- HHYH Notes 1 (★★★★★) – Ayo ladies and gentlemen, I have successfully fallen into the loophole of theories and questions. I had so many questions after the webtoon so I went for it and read the notes and now, I am even more confused…
- HHYH Notes 2 (★★★★★) – I am feeling like I need a psychology degree to understand BTS songs and the BU cause damn Bighit, this shit is deep. (let me know if you want me to summarize the BU in a post!)
Jamie be slaying everything she does.
YES THE QUEENS ARE BACK. I mean you are telling me that this masterpiece is an AD?
Stray Kids are being super active, and honestly, noone is complaining. This song is a whole bop.
SHE GOES BY THE NAME WE ALREADY KNOW. CL MY BADASS RAPPER QUEEN IS BACK!!!
This is so not YG style but we are here for Treasure and the bops they put out.
U AReMY Light 🥺🥺😭 This was such a cute song.
I didn’t like this song at first listen but now I am obsessed with it.
Oh my god this song and the whole episode was such an emotional rollercoaster.
Favourite Posts From Others
- A wonderful review of The Silvered Serpents by Roshni Chokshi from Isabella
- Xandra discusses “what exactly are spoilers?”
- Krisha teaches us how to make gorgeous watercolor background quotes with markers
- Kaya recommends 5 books to read in fall.
- Caitlin reacts to Twitter’s unpopular opinions
- Fadwa discusses as to how the #OwnVoices Label has lost its way
- Lauren tells us 6 things that she learned through trial and error as a new book blogger.
What else happened this month?
I-LAND IS OVER AND THE FINAL LINEUP OF ENHYPEN IS DECIDED!!! I love the lineup but I am still kinda salty that K didn’t make it. Aside from that, well all I did was study because TESTS TESTS AND MORE TESTS. I also created a very shitty looking notion page which I wanna work on but I honestly don’t have the time and energy to do so right now. Maybe later.
There also A LOT of kpop comebacks next month and honestly I am not ready. Twice is making their comeback on October 26th, Blackpink’s full album is dropping on 2nd, TxT comeback and just so many that I can’t think of right now. BTS’s completely self-produced album is also dropping on 20th November!!
I have also been tryna figure out this whole BU thing and made mediocre progress.
Goals for next month
- Score Good Marks 😁
- Read atleast 4 Books-
>The Puppetmaster’s Apprentice : I am on a book tour for this one!! keep an eye out on my bookstagram for that.
>Cinderella Is Dead : Hoping to buddy read this with Aanya
>Flying Over Water : Again, I am on a Blog Tour for this one
>The Wolf And The Water : Received a physical ARC for this a few weeks ago and I am really excited for this!
>You Should See Me In A Crown : I may read this one but probably will read it in November as I am a part of its book tour
- Try to post atleast once a week? I am not gonna push myself for this one but it never hurts to try.
- Do Korean everyday. I have been doing Korean for many months now and I am really enjoying it.
- NOT PROCRASTINATE. This is the one I usually fail at.
Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to leave it a like (or rate it) and follow my blog for more!
How did September go for you? What did you read? Any favourite songs? Let me know in the comments.
Till Next Time, Stay Safe!